Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 3...

Week 3

Monday morning and back to work. The children behave fairly well today. They listen and their manners are improving. When we hand out the pencils we are thanked loud and clear, and they seem proud of themselves. I am also having some success in getting them to keep their hands down. They do this reaching begging thing with their palms up and out that drives me nuts--- it is a begging gesture, and that is the best way I can describe it. I am handing out the pencils, just hang in there and you will get yours!

Speaking of the pencils – on day one Ali had new nice pencils for everyone. We sharpened them and handed them out. Now just 9 school days later ---they are half missing, chewed on and a general mess. I tell them it is Bad Manners to put your pencil in your mouth and if they do – I will take it from them. To my surprise, I only need to take away about 2 of the pencils and both are from 2 of the older boys, who seemed stunned to have lost their pencils.  Life goes on and we finish the day feeling like we are making progress.

No comments: