Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 17 - Finding Balance - Mind, Body & Spirit



Creating balance is a challenge for all of us.  When we are in balance we feel good.  We all balance work life, family life, personal relationships and other demands on our time.  Fitting it all in is a challenge. Living a full life can be messy.  I like to live with a "good enough" attitude.  Perfection is not something I strive for in my life.  My desk is usually a mess.  I work with every thing  pulled out, it's just my style.  Neatness and cleaning I see as temporary states.  It helps me feel like I am in control of my life if my personal spaces look that way, but they are far from perfect. And whatever the state is it in it is only temporary.  That idea gives me comfort.



Balancing is difficult.  I find when I balance in Tree pose (standing on one foot) that it is easier when my life is in balance.  I believe it's difficult to find physical balance if your life is not balanced.  Some of us have injuries or limitations, that make physical balance more of a challenge, I accept that to be so.  However, that should not exclude you from practicing your balance.  Practice is my favorite word.  Practice is not about being perfect.  It is about not giving up.


Our daily practice today is about finding your state of balance and what that looks like.  This takes thought and time.  And yes, practice.


The Graceful Planet                                   Eat Pray Live

No comments: